Admittedly, I'm a little slow to pick up on new technology...but I'm wireless now and pretty dang excited about it. New laptop, new router. I feel all shiny. (I realize that wi-fi has been around for a while now but it's new to me.)
Leave it to me to be able to girl-ify this technological breakthrough. I spent all morning looking for a laptop bag. (The standard-issue Dell bag is not going to cut it.) I was thrilled to find the perfect one- a soft black leather Michael Kors bag, with Chanel-esque quilting, beautiful distressed brass buckle. I was not thrilled to find that it was completely out of my price range. Sigh. Maybe Santa will come through for me. Santa?
Anyway, so far my long holiday weekend has been great. Dinner with D's family, lot's of shopping yesterday, and best of all, I cleaned my oven today. I've lived here a year and a half and had not yet cleaned the oven. I was really fearful of the self-cleaning thing--kept thinking it would cause the entire stove to explode. I realize that's irrational but things tend not to work right the first few times in this house. So I procrastinated. Until I could no longer use the oven without setting off the smoke alarms. Yes, really. So, without going into any more detail, I used the self-clean function, the stove did not explode, the house did not burn down, and my oven is ready for the Christmas food-fest. We will have smoke-free cookies this year. Also, now that I'm over my fear of oven cleaning I think I'll do it more often and the world will be a better place.
{This message was brought to you from the living room sofa.}
Saturday, November 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment