Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Don't you hate it when...

...bloggers only bother to update every couple of weeks. Just whenever the whim strikes them?

Sheesh, I both hate it and I'm guilty of it.

So what's new? Well, the summer's practically over and I've only done ONE of the fun things I had planned. I keep looking at the calendar and wondering how I could possibly fit all the rest into the next eleven days. (yeah, it's just not going to happen)

My brother and I have a new obsession...we each are trying to re-create our fave hot pretzel recipes. (To be fair, he started first.) I like Auntie Anne's and he prefers the pretzels sold in the German section of EPCOT. Last Saturday we tried two recipes and plan to make some tweaks from there. I think I got lucky and found the closest recipe to AA's that I can get. I just need some technique changes. The next challenge for my bro is to recreate the shiny brown exterior on his version. We have a few leads and will be trying them out soon. If we're successful we'll be a musical, scrapbooking, ren faire-y, beer and pretzel-making family. Dang, we're weird.

What else? I don't know. I seem to be stuck in a multi-year slump. At any moment, though, it could turn around, right? Uh-huh. I don't seem to have mastered the ability to deal with the big disappointments in life: I'll never be hot, I'll never walk on the moon, I'll never be the star of a reality TV show, I probably won't be CEO of a major corporation... There are a few others, but you get the point.

1 comment:

  1. You'll always be hot to me!

    (Not in a lesbian kind of way. Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

    And I love pretzels.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete