I'm extra behind because we spent the weekend with my sis-in-law to celebrate her son's 16th birthday. We had a beautiful drive along the Mississippi River and lot's o' fun with the family. The best part was fireworks at the old farmhouse--in the middle of nowhere! It was a little bit creepy walking up towards the old house. I felt like I was in some silly teen slasher movie.
I have to say, also, that I just love how the kids and grownups in my husband's family play together. It's pretty rare when teenagers choose to hang with their parents.
I have another layout to post. This one is from a trip to the ballet with my daughter.

Just discovered your blog! Wow! I'm so glad that you had fun at our place and out in the boonies for the firework display! Loved your impression of walking up our lane to the 130 yr old family farmhouse. Didn't help the fear level when I opened the mail box knowing that a bat would fly out at us in the dark, did it? Hee, hee. Ok, that was funny. Oh we did have a blast too with you and all of the family coming to visit over those 2 weekends. It really did make a memorable birthday for my 16 yr old, and for all of us too. Thank you for coming.
ReplyDeleteAlso: your description of the 2nd storm.... now that was scary! You should write about my brother's attempts to save the patio umbrella the first time around. Couldn't help but laugh when I heard that play by play.... Still, I hope the storms settle down for now and the heat lessens. Take care, good night. Love to all, your S-I-L